Sunday, August 27, 2017

NARS NARSissist Velvet Lip Glide Set




Promotion after promotion from ULTA finally made me go for the new Velvet Lip Glide Set by NARS. It's an ULTA exclusive, at least for now. And although I originally looked at it and thought, no, I don't need more liquid lipsticks since I rarely use them... well, the colors. At the end of it, I'm so glad I got the set.






The new NARSissist Velvet Lip Glide Set has all new colors. It's a much-needed infusion, if you ask me. I think the line really could use these lighter and brighter shades and I'm happy to have them in minis. I think every color is wearable although it feels more "warm weather" than cold, if that makes sense. Some colors would look great all year round, like my favorite Californiacation. The more coral-leaning shades, like Rapture, may be better for spring and summer use. I believe the ULTA-exclusive set was released in July but they could have timed this as a spring set and it would still have done well.







The previous Mind Game Velvet Lip Glide Set, which was released with the Sarah Moon collection last year, was easy for me to dismiss as too dark for everyday use. I get it, it was all thematic and all that. But I couldn't use them! Sephora described the colors as such: Bound (soft magenta), No. 675 (deep peach), Chez Claude (warm pink), Unspeakable (reddish pink), Plato's (deep pink) and Toy (deep plum). Of all these colors, Bound seemed like the only one I could wear, and I didn't even like it that much. Half the shades were limited edition and the other three, namely Bound, Unspeakable and Toy, are in the permanent collection.





Although I don't taste anything when I wear these, right when I open the tube, I immediately get a whiff of vanilla. I don't feel like the scent lingers though. It is very mild, which is good. So far, of all the liquid lipsticks that I've tried, I feel like the NARS Velvet Lip Glides are the ones I would wear the most. I like the Chanel ones but the quality of the lighter shades just isn't the same as the darker ones. I can only buy so many reds. I tried a lovely pink shade from Dior over the holidays but I like these NARS ones better overall. They don't dry so quickly that you have a few minutes where you can press your lips together and not mess them up. Eventually, they dry down but they don't feel or look very dry. Semi-matte sounds about right. They don't make my upper lip stick to my lower or transfer pigment from one to the other and when I take the applicator out of the tube, it isn't too saturated with product so I can control it better when applying. With lighter shades, I'm not too worried about staining when I mess up the application. It's easier to fix than a dark red or deep plum. For anyone who likes liquid lip color, the new set is a definite yes on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment