Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Guerlain Terracotta Chic Tropic Sun Light Duo Bronzing Powder



Is it just me or has there been a rather phenomenal number of bronzers released by Guerlain this summer? I tend to buy one or two every summer, usually one Chanel and one Guerlain but I feel like I've definitely acquired more this year. I quite liked the MARC JACOBS one in Tan Tastic (in the white case, part of the coconut collection) but I also tried the new NARS Seaside Sun Wash Diffusing Bronzer (it's not a favorite but it wasn't a fail) and bought the wrong shade of the new Chanel Les Beiges powder (total fail). As far as appearances go, the limited edition Guerlain Terracotta Chic Tropic Sun Light Duo Bronzing Powder trumps them all.




This bronzer is one of the Nordstrom Anniversary offerings so for now, it seems exclusive to this merchant. However, outside of the US, there should be many other places to get it from.

I thought long and hard about whether or not I wanted this bronzer since, as you can see, I don't need it. However, what sold me was the extra large tin (although surprisingly not as much product as I expected) which they say is reusable, once you've finished up the bronzer. Now, I doubt that will actually happen, but I wanted to see if it was as beautiful as every blogger who's written about it has said.

You know how when something is hyped so much, it tends to create some unreal expectations? I think that's what happened to me and this bronzer. When I finally received mine, I just wasn't blown away. Oh it's pretty. True. So pretty, in fact, I feel like I don't ever want to use it because one touch of a brush is going to ruin that gold overspray and bye bye design. So, if you're looking at it, don't expect too much, ok? It ruins the experience.





The bronzer is supposed to be the #3 shade, once you get to it, underneath all that gold. And they mixed dots of warm coral which, while it doesn't look like there's much of it, should significantly change the overall color when applied. I have two minds about how to use it. I'm thinking I could use it just as a highlighter in the beginning, until I've used up most of the overspray. Then I could freely swirl my brush all over the entire thing OR I could try to save some of that gold (because it's beautiful) on one side of it and only go through the overspray on the one side to get to the bronzer part more quickly. As I've predicted that I won't ever be able to use it up anyway, and the pan is large enough to still be amply-sized for a brush even if I'm only using one side of it.... well, I'm still thinking about it. So actually reviewing this product, you'll have to leave that to others, because it's gonna take me awhile to get there :)




So, for reference, I've taken a picture of it next to the tin of Birthday Candle Pearls which I received on the same day. You can see the size difference quite clearly there. Like with many things Guerlain, these are both lovely to have but if the budget doesn't allow, definitely something we can all live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment