Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Blush Glow with Mini Powder Brush



One item from Nordstrom Anniversary 2017 that I immediately knew I wanted to see was the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Blush Glow with Mini Powder Brush. My local Nordstrom has a Charlotte Tilbury counter so I was able to handle the product and swatch it in the store before I made up my mind to purchase it.




The kit is $75. The compact is the same one that the Filmstar Bronze and Glow duo has and I think the bronzer is the same one as well. (edit: I just saw the swatches on The Beauty Look Book comparing the bronzers on the three available duos and in her swatches, it looks like this new palette has the lightest bronzer. From my initial inspection, it didn't look like there was much difference between this new one and the bronzer in the Light-Medium duo. I stand corrected, but I think that it still works for subtle color on light to medium complexions.) But this offering comes with a blusher, rather than a highlighter. And I'll tell you, if you only get one item from the beauty exclusives in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, it should be this one. If you were considering the Hourglass trio, for a few dollars more, just get this. You get a nice little brush too! Perhaps it's not entirely fair to compare the two but as much as I love many things Hourglass, I just think this is the better buy. The bronzer in this compact is great for gently contouring light to medium complexions and the blush is very flattering. It's got a little "glow" to it but isn't overwhelmingly sparkly or shiny. For easy dimension and color, this kit here is money.




The compact that this comes in is one of my favorite things about it. They got something so right about the size, the shape and the heft of this compact. I was never a fan of the CT logo and the whole metallic starburst, vintage look but whenever I'm doing my makeup and this is on the table, I reach out for a mirror and end up grabbing this compact instead. It's just so nice to hold it and such a perfect size for applying eye makeup too. It's wider than your average powder compact but doesn't scream with fragility like the Hourglass compact does. The pans inside are a good size for a variety of brushes so you're not limited to mini brushes (although the one included is quite nice).

As for the actual amount of product, I compared it with my old Filmstar Bronze & Glow and I was a little confused. The old one only had one amount written on the back of the compact so I'm guessing that's the amount of the two pans combined. This compact actually details how much bronzer and how much blush you get individually. If I add those two numbers up, it seems we get more product with this new compact.




I'm looking forward to taking this entire kit with me on my next summer trip. And since it's limited edition, I might need a back up (or twelve. I think this'll make great holiday gifts too, if you're looking that far ahead).

No comments:

Post a Comment