Monday, March 6, 2017

Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color in Hibiscus

One of the last few new releases before Bobbi Brown's departure from her namesake brand is the Luxe Lip Color line. I tried one of them at the store when I had a few minutes with the Bobbi Brown rep at Sephora and I liked it a lot but I did not purchase a tube at the time because I felt like I didn't need another neutral pink lipstick. The next time I went back in, to purposely look at the line, I plucked Hibiscus from the shelf and simply crossed my fingers that I would like the color.





Sephora's website describes Hibiscus as a plum wine. I thought it more a plum brown. But over and above the color, what's worth mentioning here is how richly and beautifully this lipstick applies. You get full on color in one swipe. It's moisturizing and long lasting too. That's a combination that you don't normally hear often. It's so comfortable to wear and looks fabulous on.





Around the time that I decided to wear this, I had just received a gift with purchase from Clinique which included a sample lipstick in the shade Love Pop and a sample lip liner in Intense Cosmo. Since I had them on the table at the time, I went in and lined the border of my lips with Intense Cosmo and was surprised that it was such a delightful match to Bobbi Brown Hibiscus. I wear them together all the time now. I would consider buying a full size lip liner in Intense Cosmo once I finish the sample, just so I could keep wearing them together. Although in the back of my mind, I know I should go through my vast collection of lip pencils first, since I might already have another good match here somewhere. As for Clinique Love Pop, I really disliked the shimmery duo chrome finish which unfortunately you don't really see when you swatch it. I don't think I will be wearing that again anytime soon.





Going back to the Bobbi Brown Luxe Lip Color in Hibiscus... I love this lipstick but I am so saddened by Bobbi Brown leaving the brand. I am thinking that I will no longer be purchasing Bobbi Brown products now, even if I like this one a lot. It just doesn't seem right when Bobbi Brown is still alive and well. Without her aesthetic leading the brand, I feel like Bobbi Brown Cosmetics is going to be just another ring in the circus, trying to sell as much lipstick as possible. That doesn't work for me.

1 comment: