Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Chanel Jumbo Longwear Lip Crayon (No. 2, 5 and 6)

I love how Chanel has taken the lip pencil and made it into an easy to use allover lip color. While I've liked NARS for their Velvet Matte and Satin Lip Pencils, I've often found myself annoyed by the fact that they need to be sharpened. This new Chanel Jumbo Longwear Lip Crayon is a twist up pencil in a size that's very comfortable to hold and easy to store. Of the eleven available shades, I picked up my favorite three, taking care to avoid all the ones that look orange to me. Ha!





I picked No. 2 Rose Violine, as my everyday workhorse. It's a neutral pink of medium pigmentation. While there are two shades of beige, I found them a bit too sheer for my needs and the store was out of No. 3 Rose Claire so No. 2 Rose Violine was the obvious pick. I also took home a red, the No. 5 Rouge and the shade that I was told the model in the promos was wearing, No. 6 Framboise. All colors glide on smoothly and cover the lips in vibrant color that lasts a long time and leaves a little stain. The only thing I would ask at this point, is for the entire pencil to retract into the case so I don't need to be ever so careful slipping the cap back on. But if you're used to lip pencils being that way (with the point sticking out), and you've got the budget, then this baby is 100% recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment