Thursday, January 12, 2017

Guerlain Météorites Happy Glow Pearls

Happy New Year! Happy Glow Météorites, yey!




This is the latest in a long line of limited edition météorites but what makes this especially, well, special, is that 2017 marks météorites' 30th anniversary. In tribute, or so I've read, is the release of this capsule collection which also includes a blush and a couple of lip colors. I haven't seen any of them although I chanced upon the météorites being available on Nordstrom's website so off I went to order it and here are some pictures.





This set comes in the sphere that's similar to the winter Perles de Neiges, down to the included puff and mirrored lid. The color scheme however, is completely different. The Happy Glow Pearls are a combination of champagne, purple, pink and the ones they call rainbow pearls (the really large white-looking ones). Just looking at it, I'm not sure I feel like it's that special. However, I do like the sphere. The only thing I'm wishing right now is that, for the arm and leg that they charge for a container of these météorites  they double the amount of météorites pearls that are actually in the container. I feel like I'm getting less and less every year but the price just keeps going up. And whenever you look at promotional pictures, you see a container brimming with pearls. When you get one, it's never really ever more than half full.





I'd like to see the rest of the collection before contemplating another purchase. I also heard that for spring will be another La Petite Robe Noire collection (mmm... not exactly a fan). What I am really interested in right now is the limited edition Rouge G that I caught a glimpse of somewhere online. It's supposed to be out in celebration of the upcoming lunar new year, when the year of the Rooster commences. I can't wait to get my hands on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment