Friday, December 23, 2016

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in 714



The Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in 714 is a bright red with the mega-matte finish. Of the reds I have on hand right now, I think it's closest to Burberry's Lip Velvet in Military Red. The new Rouge Dior in 999 is also similar but leans a bit warmer. To my eye, 714 is definitely an orangey red. It's not a red I would ordinarily go for but I got this tube as part of a Sephora Favorites set that was such a good value, I could not resist.






This is actually the very first Vice lipstick that I have tried. I can see how the collection is quite overwhelming. So many colors and finishes to choose from! 714 made a pretty good impression on me. I understand that it's supposed to be a very matte shade and it does stand true to that. I don't actually have any issues with it. Application is pretty good that I can even get it to look decent without any help from lip liner or a brush, just straight from the tube. That doesn't always happen with reds. I didn't find it to be drying or overly staining. It lasted a decent amount of time without looking patchy. Overall, for the price point, it has proven a decent value.

I am now actually pretty excited to give my palette a try, so I can sample more colors and finishes from the Vice line. The Junkie Vice Lipstick Palette, by the way, has gone down in price to $25. I purchased mine from Ulta at the initial release price of $35. I don't know if the price drop is temporary, and they will raise it to $35 again after the holidays, or if it's going to remain at $25 until stocks run out. Sephora sells one version of it but I preferred the color selection of the one at Ulta. There are at least a couple of shades common to the two versions, 714 being one of them.




I'm done with my Christmas shopping and I really do have enough new lipstick to last me a few years decades but it is incredibly tempting to grab one or two more of the palettes while Ulta is offering a 20% discount. I believe it applies to everything, including Urban Decay, which is normally excluded from coupons. I'm more about the variety than the number of ounces of product I'll be getting and I really like how sturdy the palette seems. I can see myself refilling the palette, should I ever finish up the lipstick in it. Definitely something to check out, if you haven't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment