Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Shiseido Rouge Rouge Lipstick in Red Queen



Shiseido's new lipstick has been very well-received. I think they're all supposed to be shades of red and I've recently had a new appreciation for the color so I definitely had to get one of these. I went with Red Queen because I liked the name. I was choosing between this and Rose Crush and now I'm not sure I picked the right one.




The previous day's lipstick was the Make Up For Ever Artist Rouge Creme Lipstick in C106, which I complained was too warm for my taste. Swatching them side by side, I thought that they actually looked pretty similar (which I did not expect) except Red Queen had more of that reddish pigment. So, putting it on in my powder room at home, I discovered that they were not similar except for the fact that they both turn orangey when I put them on!

My powder room lighting is a yellow light so that probably explains why in that room, I do see more of that warmth. But I did not put C106 on in there. I sat facing the window, with sunlight streaming in. I like this natural light as I think it shows most colors at their best. In that light, I still see some orangeness in Red Queen but the heavier red tint and the way it clings to the lips makes it much, much prettier on than C106.






The sleek black tube with the magnetic closure is really nice and the formula of the lipstick itself is top notch. I don't necessarily like it more than a Rouge G, which remains my favorite lipstick formula, but being roughly half the price of a Rouge G, I definitely appreciate what a quality product Shiseido has put out. It isn't moisturizing but I don't find it drying either. The longevity of the pigment is reasonable and the overall opaqueness of the color is great. I think this is one formula that I'm willing to explore some more. Maybe I should have gone with Rose Crush after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment