Sunday, December 18, 2016

NYX Butter Lipstick



I have several shades of the NYX Butter Lipstick for you today. I'd put the spotlight on BLS17 Root Beer Float, but I may as well show everything I have picked up. For me, it started with BLS02 Fruit Punch, quite a punchy pink, that one. I got it on a whim, because I had wiped off my lipstick after having a cup of coffee and needed a touch up, only to realize that I had left my makeup bag at home.

To say I was surprised at how smoothly this lipstick went on would be inaccurate. It's called Butter Lipstick and that's an appropriate name. It's delectably buttery going on but without any annoying scent or taste. The longevity is average, depending on whether or not you eat and drink while having it on. But it doesn't come off as quickly as I thought it might and my white coffee mug is barely stained. It feels comfortable on. And the thing I love about it, it goes on really opaque. This is no sheer lipstick. You get full-on pigment in one swipe. Very pigmented and yet easy to apply.





A succeeding purchase got me the rest of the four colors. I was trying to take advantage of a buy two, get one free promotion, and they do happen frequently, some promotion or other, that you may never have to buy this lipstick at regular price. On top of that, a GWP which included one more color - BLS16 Sandy Kiss. I picked out Root Beer Float and Beach BBQ myself. Fire Brick was something of an add-on, because I could not figure out what other color to get myself for free. One from every color family, why not?




My favorite of this lot is Root Beer Float. I initially worried that it would be too brown but it really isn't. If anything, it pulls mauve when on. I would suggest Sandy Kiss if you need something that doesn't call attention to your lips, like to put the focus on a gorgeous smoky eye. The rest of the colors are all quite attention-grabbing. I'd wear Fruit Punch in the spring, Beach BBQ in the summer and Fire Brick for the holidays. The only thing missing is a fall color, but Root Beer Float will do until I can get my hands on a beautiful berry. As far as cheap thrills go (or maybe something for the emergency makeup bag), NYX takes the prize.






No comments:

Post a Comment