Saturday, December 24, 2016

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in 228 Infamous

Now at Day 24 of my advent calendar feature, we have the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in Infamous. Sephora's website describes it as a soft peony and I'm not sure that's a very clear description. I think this is something of a pink brown that... applause please... doesn't turn orange on me! After days of orangey lipsticks, I'm so thrilled to finally get something out of my calendar that stays a shade of pink when I put it on. Right now, this has to be one of my favorite lipsticks.





If you were able to get the shade Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in your birthday gift from Sephora, Infamous is definitely a sister color. Just off the top of my head, I recall Kiss Kiss Bang Bang being a little brighter and pinker. Infamous is just a smidgen more beige/brown-based and may even pull slightly rose-mauve. It's definitely the kind of color I'm inclined to leave in my purse makeup kit as it looks good, feels good and suits every attire and every occasion.






The formula of this lipstick is creamy and it is highly pigmented. From the sleek black packaging with the magnetic closure, down to the luxurious texture, it really does feel like a high end product. The $30 price point places it square in that luxury brand category although I've found several other lipsticks sold for more (I'm looking at you Bobbi Brown, with that new Luxe Lip Color) that may or may not perform as well. I am so pleased with this purchase that I am planning to have a closer look at the entire color range the next time I find myself at Sephora.

This does mark the end of my advent calendar feature but I will be posting something extra tomorrow morning, Christmas Day, and then I will be taking a break. I'm so looking forward to spending some quiet days at home with my children. For the opportunity to do that, I am most thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment