Monday, December 5, 2016

Guerlain Rouge G Intense Shine Lipstick in Rouge Saphir

Oh my goodness! Yesterday went by in such a haze. I came home way too tired to write anything. However, I feel like I had a fantastic day filled with lots of makeup and other wonderful things. I left the house almost 2 hours early for a dinner date and decided to see if my favorite associate at Laura Mercier was around and available to do a makeover. It was the day of the Nordstrom 10 point party and the store was buzzing with all that pre-order activity (or it could just be that it was Saturday). Getting a makeover was a chance for me to sample some products that I had been wanting to try so that I could decide what to purchase later that night. The only request I made at the makeover was for me to be able to use my own lipstick, which I had brought with me, the Holiday Kiss Collection's Rouge Saphir Rouge G from Guerlain.




I bought this Rouge G as something of a birthday present for myself. The sapphire, being September's birthstone, is special to me. There was no way I'd let a Rouge G with a sapphire button escape me.




The color of the lipstick itself is very appropriate for the holidays. In cold weather, I may probably pick a shade of red that is much deeper but this red is bright and merry, and definitely calls for year-round wear. On my computer, the pictures seem warmer than what I think the color looks like in person. The associate that put it on me thinks it's blue-based but I find it to be on the warmer side. Either way, there's nothing to fear here, as this red is very wearable.




I thoroughly enjoyed having the color on. I wiped most of it off over a dinner of The Fat Ham's chopped salad, hot chicken and salmon. But I reapplied immediately after dinner for some mandatory pictures.




I find the Rouge G formula to be among the best that I have tried. It's smooth without being slippy, moisturizing yet reasonably long-wearing, scented but not overwhelming and although the packaging is bulky as heck, it's truly a jewel to behold. I don't even mind that it's heavy because I find that I always need that mirror.

Overall, I think this is a must-buy for Rouge G collectors, if only because it's a limited edition color and packaging. For non-collector's, the takeaway is, you do need a bright red in your life. You may not wear it often, but it will make you come alive on special occasions. You'll love that when you see your holiday pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment