Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Givenchy Rouge Inderdit Vinyl Color Enhancing Lipstick in Noir Revelateur

For day 13, I've got an interesting Givenchy lipstick sample that I'd been very excited to try on. I jumped on this when Sephora made it available as a 100 point perk because I was curious but simply didn't want to buy the full-sized product until I knew if I would like it or not.





I'm glad I didn't get it in full size. First, this sample is too cute for words. Second, this scary black color is really not something I'd buy. Ever. You remember Clinique's Black Honey? I didn't like that one. That's what this reminds me of. My issue with Noir Revelateur is that when I put it on, it goes on this sheer almost black color and I'm not quite certain when I should stop applying to make sure that I've covered the lips in full. When I'm putting it on, I can see the black color in certain areas and in other places, I don't. While it seems to gradually fade out to a sheer dark pink on me, for however long that takes, I feel like I can still see black on the outline of the lips and that makes me uncomfortable. Other than that, I think I like the formula. It glides on nicely and feels comfortable on.

As to whether or not I would try other colors, at this point, the answer is no. I looked at the packaging of the full-sized product and it doesn't really appeal to me either. I'm not going to whine and say, why can't they package it like regular lipstick, because I understand that the brand is about having a little of that edginess, some leather or other. There are certain Givenchy products that I love, for example: their loose powder Prisme Libre Voile Audacieux and the Mister Light Instant Light Corrective Pen. I don't just like them, I truly love them. But their lipsticks are something I tend to pass on. Noir Revelateur will be no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment