Thursday, December 1, 2016

Dior Diorific Matte Fluid Lip & Cheek Velvet Colour in 001 Pleasure

I was going to kick off this special holiday feature with a beautiful red lipstick but woke up to an angry red blemish near my chin so I moved on to what was supposed to be day two. We'll eventually get to the reds but for now, I'll go with some holiday edition products that are more in the neutral zone. Today's feature is the Dior Diorific Matte Fluid Lip & Cheek Velvet Colour in 001 Pleasure.





This product came in four shades and I know that Pleasure is a little bit harder to find now. At the time of posting (12-1-16), Macy's has it in stock online and you can use the code FRIEND and get $10 off of $50. I think I'm going to grab some Diorshow Iconic Overcurl while I'm at it. I was originally going to buy the red one (Luxury) but it was out of stock at the time that I was trying to place my order. Anyway, I figured that the lighter shade will be less stressful to put on than a vibrant red or magenta.

Pleasure is a lovely, warm, medium pink that goes on a bit sheer. With several coats, you can get to a decent opacity but it will always remain a rather "fade into the background" kind of color. I thought that based on the swatch, it would go on darker. However, as it dries, it becomes sort of lighter and the finish does turn matte.





I think that it best applies with the doe foot applicator but I still find myself evening things out with a lip brush. When it dries down, you clearly notice imperfections in application and I have a real problem with that. I tried putting it on with a lip liner underneath and then without. With how sheer this is, inevitably, any lip liner you put on will be completely visible through one coat of Pleasure, and it will change the color. Sadly, I couldn't find an exact color match among my dozens of lip liners. In the end, I thought it looked better without any liner but I had to apply about 3 coats, letting each coat dry before putting on the next. Here I thought that I saved myself some stress by not picking a red but nope, it still took me awhile to get it to look the way I wanted.

The good news though is that once you have it on perfectly, it dries down and doesn't budge. I don't think I got any feathering either. As long as you don't eat anything with grease and you don't have a habit of licking your lips or pressing them together, your lipstick should look as applied for hours.

Do I like it? I like the color, yes. It is pretty and would be perfect for spring. Would I buy it again? No. But that's just mostly because I prefer a regular lipstick in bullet form. Admittedly, these do last long but longevity isn't a big issue for me. I would happily reapply lip color several times a day. I would rather remove all of my lipstick before having a meal, for instance, and then clean the lips, moisturize and reapply color. So because this takes awhile to apply and get it to look perfect, it's not coming up a favorite. I'm not even going to try it on my cheeks.

The other issue here is the packaging. The bottle is bulky. It's pretty but it's this bulbous thing. I put it in my makeup kit inside my purse and constantly worried that I would break the bottle. Best to leave it at home and wear it only on quick trips like to the grocery or something. It's not like you're going to reapply it while you're out anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment