Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector

On a gloomy day when you find that you have to shelve all your plans because of the rain, it's really a godsend to be able to open a brand new piece of makeup and discover something that you love. Coming right at the heels of the previous day's disaster that was the Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick, I wasn't ready to go all Oxblood, as I had previously scheduled. I had to put on gobs and gobs of the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask and let it treat my lips overnight to hydrate and clear them of the stain that disaster lipstick brought on.




So, I eagerly opened the box of the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector Trio that I had purchased from Bloomingdale's and tried each of the three colors on through the course of the day. The boxed set comes with a white fabric bag and is a Bloomingdale's exclusive (although the Clarins USA website also carries it). Ordinarily, I would have purchased from Nordstrom but what Nordstrom now carries is the lip oil trio. I've tried a sample of the lip oil and it's nice, but what I really wanted to try was the lip gloss/balm in the tube. And as of this moment, I am hooked.




The trio I have includes 01 Rose Shimmer, 05 Candy Shimmer and 06 Rosewood Shimmer. I wouldn't necessarily call them shimmery but they are indeed very shiny and they look very natural on. The color is sheer so I don't think that the differences between the shades are incredibly apparent. It's one thing to swatch them on your arm and quite another to put it on the lips. I like them all. However, I surprised myself by liking the most brown of the three, 06 Rosewood Shimmer, the best. It just somehow seems more pigmented although it probably comes across that way because of the way the color blends with the natural color of the lips.

Over and above the delightful appearance of the gloss, it feels so good on the lips. It is very comfortable on and super moisturizing. The applicator is easier to use than the Burberry one I featured just a couple of days ago. I feel like I can control better where the product lands. I miss the cooling sensation of Burberry's ceramic applicator but would gladly trade that for something that applies more perfectly. With these, I tend to press on the tube until the gloss forms up on the applicator before applying to my lips, although you can also press the applicator on to your lips to release the product.


Above, 01 Rose Shimmer

Above, 05 Candy Shimmer

Above, 06 Rosewood Shimmer

Another key difference, if I have to compare Clarins with Burberry, is the scent. Clarins makes these rather heavily-scented. I wouldn't say that it bothers me as the smell is quite pleasant, but I think I would have liked it better if it was toned down a bit. It smells quite a lot like the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfecting Base that a friend bought me in Germany earlier this year. I so wish they would market that product in the US. It's such a nice lip prep.

Overall, Clarins has a real winner with the Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors. I now find myself in search of other colors, maybe in a set that's also a deal? Would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment