Sunday, December 25, 2016

Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in 99 Pirate

I'm not entirely sure if advent calendars are really supposed to be just 24 days (and there are some that are only 12 days) but the calendar box that I purchased had a special drawer at the top, which I assumed is for Christmas day so I filled it. I thought, what better way to celebrate Christmas in color than with an old favorite red lipstick, the Chanel Rouge Allure in Pirate.





The Chanel Rouge Allure in Pirate is a true, rich, deep red with just the right satiny, cream finish. I am told that it is one of the brand's bestsellers and I can totally understand why. In the last couple of weeks, the only other red I've loved was the Burberry Kisses lipstick in Parade Red, a pinky red next to Chanel Pirate. If you're looking for more of a power red, or something for a sensual night out, I think Pirate would be the hotter option. The lip liner in Rouge Profond is not a perfect match (as it seems a better match for the UD Vice lipstick in 714) but it does the job.






The line is supposed to be long-wearing and intense and I find that the pigmentation can vary depending on the shade chosen. The reds are intense and that totally works for this color. You could maneuver around that intensity in color though. Apply one coat and blot for a lighter, more matte-like finish or apply a second coat for intense color with a little shine. I like a well-defined red lip so I go in with pencil after I put on the color. I just crisp up the edges with it but you could also apply the pencil all over the lip before applying the lipstick. That will give you the best staying power.

If the shade Pirate is not your thing, there are over two dozen other shades in the Rouge Allure line for you to choose from, some with matching nail polish shades as Pirate does. I personally don't go around buying red lipstick if not for a special occasion but the brand has really been pushing a lot of red lately. I'm still trying to get used to the style sensibilities that Lucia Pica brings in. Of the latest collections, I simply haven't been a fan. However, change can be difficult and I understand that. It's nice to see things moving forward either way. I'd give it a chance and keep looking until something catches my eye. And if nothing, well, that's money saved, I guess. That's never a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment