Thursday, December 8, 2016

Burberry Kisses Hydrating Lip Colour in No. 117 Parade Red

I'd been on a Burberry kick lately and what better way to project that festive feel than with a holiday edition Burberry Kisses lipstick in the color Parade Red.






Of all the lip products I have featured so far, this lipstick is my favorite one. This is definitely blue-based and made my teeth look so white in pictures. Next to the Burberry Kisses in Military Red, which is a warmer shade, Parade Red does pull pink. Personally, I like it better than Military Red.

Right now, Parade Red is available on its own in the gold tube shown above (Festive Edition) but I actually got mine as part of the Festive Glow set, available on Sephora's website. I went all out and put on the entire lot from the set, icing the whole thing with Parade Red. I found that this formula glides on really easily and if you make errors, it's not so hard to clean up. I didn't use any lip liner at all but carefully outlined with a lip brush, after I put the lipstick on straight from the tube. It took me a few minutes to get it on and be happy but that's part of wearing red. It needs to look perfect.




Overall, I'm very happy with this color and it made me feel a little better about buying the set since I love the lipstick. I was a little unhappy at first because the bag it came with is really just a GWP and not a special bag. It looks exactly like the black GWP I got another time except it's a dull stone color and not a bright beige like in the Sephora pictures.




Apart from the lipstick and the bag, the set also comes with a full-size Festive Edition Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance, a full-size Eye Colour Cream in Festive Gold and a couple of samples. The eye color cream is nice, but so similar to the Nude Gold one that I purchased last year. The texture is lovely but it will take a few swipes to get visible color. I like to use it as an everyday sort of nude with shimmer or as a base for powder eyeshadow.

If you look at the pictures below, the solo pic is Festive Gold and then below that are the comparison pictures. If they look different at all, maybe one seems darker than the other, it's a lighting thing or perhaps I grabbed more pigment in one swipe than I did with the other. It took about 3 swipes to get to that intensity (which is really not intense at all). On the eye, they look mostly the same to me. If anything, I actually think Nude Gold adheres a little better and comes out a little darker. So, no idea why the swatches seem to suggest otherwise.






The set isn't really worth it if you will not be using all three full-size products constantly. The star, to me, is definitely the lipstick and thankfully, that can be purchased all on its own, although I don't know for how long since it is limited edition. I know that a few stores carry it in stock and you may even find a nifty GWP is available. I'm currently loving the Fresh Glow BB Cream and there is a new compact powder out too if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment