Monday, October 24, 2016

Chanel Spring Mix

As I've been on semi-hiatus pretty much since I had my last baby, I have a lot of pictures that haven't been posted and while I've tossed a lot of them, I felt like these pictures from last spring deserve a little space on the blog. Some of the products were from the last holiday and some from the spring 2016 makeup collection LA Sunrise. I purchased the star of the collection, the Sunkiss Ribbon Blush, and the Rouge Coco Shine 118 Energy. Admittedly, I didn't love either product although I'm hoping to still get some use out of the blush throughout the year.





I'm not certain if the Rouge Coco Baume was released around the same time or if it was simply integrated into the collection (when you go to the Chanel website, the Rouge Coco Baume shows up as among the products within the collection) but it is one product that I use all the time. It's a staple in my purse and has been my favorite lip balm of the lot that I have purchased over the last few years.

In March, I had a Chanel makeover where artist Daniel did my eye makeup. He did a very creative job with it, utilizing the eyeshadow pens that I requested and adding a couple of his own selections. Paul, the artist who worked on the rest of my makeup, finished everything off with the Rouge Coco Stylo in 214 Message, the very shade that Keira Knightly was wearing in the promotional pictures. I have to admit that I was glad to have bought it. It is not long-wearing but it is a good color to have through the fall.



Above, Rouge Coco Stylo in 214 Message in full sun.
Below, same color but without direct sun.



Below are the Chanel Stylo Eyeshadows that I bought that day. I have Beige Doré and Vert Grisé. I was originally going to get Brun Chatain since I am not fond of green for my eyes but Daniel convinced me that Vert Grisé was more grey than green when on and it would prove very versatile. No regrets so far. After all, I do have a lot of browns in my collection already.




Chanel Stylo Eyeshadows in (left) Vert Grisé and (right) Beige Doré

Of everything that I will be showing in this post, I think that the most beautiful and useful of the products is actually the Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Vert Grisé. It's multi-dimensional, with iridescent flecks, but also a surprisingly multi-purpose neutral. I love using it on the bottom lash line to cap off a lot of looks that otherwise seem uninteresting.

The other makeup that I bought for spring were the Illusion D'Ombre Velvet in Melody, which looks peachy in the container but translates to a lovely beige-peach base color. Wear alone for a clean look. And I love the texture. I don't even need a brush. Fingers work best with this product.

On cheeks again, I purchased the Chanel Joues Contraste in Vibration, a very bright pink. I did not get much use out of this shade because it is really hard to control such pigmented color. I may have to bust out a fan brush for this one. For now, I've shelved it.




In the same shopping trip, I got the Chanel Glossimers in Etincelle and Rose de Lune, which looked pretty in the tube but proved not so useful. In the last year, I have noticed that all gloss products and creamy lipsticks tend to slide down to the corners of my mouth. They'll start off like normal and two hours later, I look in the mirror and there's build up at the sides of my mouth. It really sounds like one of those things that they don't tell you about when you are about to turn 40. I am not liking it, I tell you! But it is real. So until I've found a solution to this problem, these glosses are going to stay in the drawer.




Finally, there's this lip palette that I was so excited about, the Harmonie Levres Lip Palette in Arabesque. It features two glosses and three lipsticks. I used to love lip palettes but now that I have this sliding problem, I really only use the two lipsticks on the right side. Also, I find the texture of these to be a bit on the dry side, so not a favorite. I do think that they would have been better off in a tube. However, I'll have to point out that none of the colors are particularly unique.






I'll end this Chanel spring mix right here and say again, the only thing worth purchasing here is the Stylo Eyeshadow in Vert Grisé. If the formula agrees with you, I'd go hunt that down and forget about the rest of the bunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment