Wednesday, June 22, 2016

My Summer Colors



With summer officially here, I've decided to map out the colors that I would be using throughout the season. A timely MAC sale got me buying more Huggable Glass, a lipgloss whose formula I really like. I wore Mega Hug a lot over the winter. Sweet Persuasion carried me through spring and now I have Never Say Never, a dark coral, and Such A Sweetheart, a light coral. Both will be perfect for summer.






I also got two lipsticks, Out For Passion and Red Necessity, from the Huggable Lipcolour line. It's been a very long time since I've bought MAC lipstick. Many years back, I had an obsession with Viva Glam V and VI and wore them constantly, until I realized that they were making my lips so incredibly dry. So here's hoping my new MAC lippies won't be giving me that problem.


Above, MAC Huggable Lipcolour in Out For Passion

There's a whole load of eyeshadow that I haven't really had a chance to properly play with but I'm sticking with neutrals for the season. I quite enjoy using the NARS dual-intensity eyeshadows I got from their summer collection: the rich hazelnut of Tan Lines and seashell pink of Topless, which I pair with two older singles, the soft rose pink Kari and shimmering topaz Himalia. I use them all dry for a sheerer wash of color.





Above, NARS Tan Lines Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow

Above, NARS Topless Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow

A warm, light pink or pale rose blush is my go-to shade. When I really can't decide what to put on, I bring out my old favorite Chanel Tweed Rose. Other shades I reach for often are MAC Spellbinder, LE from the Faerie Whispers collection last holiday, Benefit Dandelion and NARS Impassioned (which I talked about here).





Benefit Dandelion in new mini size

I can't wait to play around with the Charlotte Tilbury palette that I finally managed to get my hands on. It looks to be a fair girl's palette of colors and it will definitely go with the lippies I've picked out for summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment