Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Deliciously Shiny Lip Colour in Berry Beret



Hey, it's been awhile! Life does occasionally get in the way of my blogging time. But today I'm excited because a product that I've been so eager to receive finally arrived at my door. Tada! La Petite Robe Noire Deliciously Shiny Lip Colour in Berry Beret...




Guerlain has truly become one of my favorite brands. If you ask me today, to pick three brands that I would love to represent, I would say Guerlain and Chanel straight away. I have an old love for Laura Mercier so I'll pick that as third. But I have to admit, LM hasn't been particularly impressive lately.

Back to the lipstick at hand... the first thing we need to talk about is that scent. This is one overpoweringly perfumed product. I usually love the way Guerlain lipsticks smell but this one puts me off. I never did like the fragrance but I like the packaging of La Petite Robe Noire. The brand has really captured the look of the bottle in the lipstick (and the nail color). I appreciate the youthfulness of the concept, which should help make the brand a little fresher. Will it appeal to the young market that they're targeting? I don't know. There's the price point to consider and I'm not too sure the performance is up to snuff here.






The lipstick is incredibly buttery and it's far more sophisticated than your average Revlon Lip Butter. This actually reminds me of the original Chanel Rouge Coco Shine, when they weren't as pigmented as they are now. It's super smooth and feels moisturizing when you initially put it on. I still recommend pre-moisturizing your lips though, just because I always do.





Berry Beret is a sheer raspberry color, which on my lips, is that pink-red that I've been reaching for lately. It doesn't stain much although that probably doesn't help with longevity. I couldn't say, at this point. I haven't worn it long enough. I've heard complaints but I'm not fussed by lip color that doesn't last all day. It's just not a dealbreaker for me.

I don't think there's a flavor as I don't taste anything. A little bitterness, if at all. But the smell is enough to make me stop and not buy any more. Sure, it dissipates after awhile but if I pay attention, I still smell it and I don't care for it. I'll keep this one for the pretty packaging and use it occasionally. But because of the smell, I will definitely pass on the nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment