Monday, March 14, 2016

Pixi Travel/Trial Size at Target (buy 3, get 1 free)

On a trip to Target yesterday, I chanced upon the travel/trial size minis display and picked up some Pixi skincare products that I had been wanting to try. Target is currently doing a buy 3, get 1 free promotion at the store in my area. It applies to various travel/trial size products from different brands. I should've taken a picture of the display but I wasn't really thinking about doing a blog post on the subject at the time. But here is what I got from that wall:




I'm really zeroing in on Pixi products as this seems to be a current obsession of mine. I had been wanting to have the Pixi Glow Mud Mask on standby for testing and this 15ml/0.5 fl oz size tube is just what I needed. I've had decent success in using the Pixi Glow Tonic which scared me a little at first since a lot of "acids" tend to make my skin react. The 5% glycolic acid content of this product, however, seemed to be just right for my skin. I use it only once a day, as opposed to the recommended twice a day though. I've found that I still get some benefit from it, without adverse effects. As my skin gets accustomed to the product, and when I run out of my Shiseido Balancing Softener, I may attempt twice a day use. Maybe in the summer. I picked up two of the 15ml bottles of the Pixi Glow Tonic in case I wanted it for travel in the coming months. The Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser wasn't on my radar but I grabbed a tube as well. The tubes all have the same amount of product in them. While not a tremendous value compared to full-size, the promotion does put the mini Glow Tonics at par with the regular 3.4 fl oz one that Target sells for $15. They have yet to carry the largest bottle of Glow Tonic ($29-250ml according to the Pixi website) which would be a better value at regular price.

I'm quite excited to try out these new products and then some. I'd gotten some other products from Target here and there. Boots Botanics caught my eye one time at the store and I got the Micellar Water Cleanser although unfortunately, I am not very fond of it so I may skip reviewing that altogether. I also picked up the Boots Botanics Rosewater Spray which I haven't tried, and these Real Techniques brushes which I am loving right now. The other products in the picture below are the Pixi Glow Mist and some Up & Up mini sponges which I fully intend to try out with some new concealers and correctors I have in my stash.




Spring is really upon us now. It's almost a shame because it took me practically all winter to determine what products were working out for my dull, dry, flaky winter skin and now it's time for another switch up. I want to give props to a couple of real lifesavers: Eve Lom cleansers and Nude Skincare's Pro Treatment Oil, both of which have become real staples for me these last few months. I guess that should be the subject of my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment