Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Guerlain Météorites Pearls Carousel

I don't know about you but those first few days of March are always tough for me. While this winter hasn't been incredibly bad weather-wise, my skin certainly took a toll. I blame the impending 4-0 as much as the dry indoor air and miserable cold. Today though, I'm seeing another one of those spring-like starts to the day. I hear it's going to be about 70 degrees out later. I think I should take everyone out to get some air.

Everyone's been under the weather in one way or another in this household. If you're a wife and mother, you know you don't get sick days. So if noone is feeling well, guess what? You're still head nurse and head chef. When the box from Nordstrom arrived at my doorstep at 9:15 AM today, I thought, well, that's one bright spot! Time to bring out the head photographer and head writer hat again!


Guerlain Météorites Pearls Carousel

What's in the box is what this post is all about. I ordered a slew of Guerlain products and the centerpiece of that order is the new Météorites Pearls Carousel.





Météorites collectors perk up! There's a new tin out! I've heard that this isn't part of any particular collection but released on its own.

At first glance, I thought that the Carousel Tin didn't look too different from the regular Météorites tin although the body is pink. I had to check the box and the bottom of the tin to be sure. When I opened it though, I found big and small pearls, including a lot of the little white ones.

Guerlain Météorites Pearls Carousel

You'll find some violet pearls, a few gold pearls and a few more of the dark pink pearls mixed in with the little white ones. Looking at it, I thought it would have more of the white highlighter effect but if you look at the puff, you will see a lot of pink on it. When applied, I expect this to give more of a rosy effect. That sounds like a good thing to counteract winter sallowness.





If you're new to the Météorites game, the product is a multi-use powder. I say multi-use because while you could tag it a simply another highlighter, I've found the some varieties also work out well as an all-over finishing powder when applied sparingly. It's great for highlighting the bridge of the nose and the high point of the cheekbones, even the décolletage area. The more pink ones can go over blush to add some sheen or act as blush, if it's the color you want your cheeks to be. (There is one variety that is meant to be used as blush, I posted about that here.)

Is it shimmery? Sparkly? Glittery? In normal light, I find most to have the slightest sheen. In bright light or under the sun, you could see it shimmer a little better but I don't think it can be described as sparkly or glittery. Can it be overdone? Certainly. So use a light hand and a proper brush.


Guerlain Météorites Pearls Carousel

Just to clarify, the brush in the pictures is not included when you buy the Carousel Tin. The brush is part of the Météorites Beauty Discovery Set, the GWP that Nordstrom has now with a $200 Guerlain purchase. It's a little smaller than the Météorites brush that they normally sell. The rest of the items in the Beauty Discovery Set are lipstick, mascara and cleanser samples. Overall, I'm pleased to add the Météorites Pearls Carousel to my collection and I'm looking forward to giving it a go when I step out later.





No comments:

Post a Comment