Monday, February 8, 2016

Guerlain KissKiss 'The Chinese New Year' Creamy Shaping Lip Colour in 344 Sexy Coral

Guerlain Kiss Kiss Creamy Shaping Lip Colour in 344 Sexy Coral

It's the Chinese New Year today and I admit that I've perused all the high-end makeup that came out in commemoration of it. Much of it has been mocked, as I've seen/heard. The red box of the Givenchy Prisme Libre Chinese New Year edition has been touted as cheap. The monkey embossed on the red-lidded Armani Chinese New Year Highlighting Palette has been ridiculed along with the packaging. And it's a whopping $88 for that!

Got $60? Perhaps you'd be more interested in eyeshadow. The YSL Year of the Monkey palette (the Parisienne quint repackaged) might be more your speed. Although I've heard backlash over the "gaudy gold" that one's in. While I haven't seen any of these in person, I tried to simply envision them as regular products. Without the theme, would I be interested? So I finally settled on buying the Guerlain Kiss Kiss in 344 Sexy Coral that was repackaged for the occasion.

When it finally arrived at my home, I was so excited to open it. You see, it was such a production just getting this item. I ordered it the first time and my order got cancelled. Unable to fulfill, they said. A couple of weeks later, they sent me 3 more emails saying that order was cancelled. Rubbing it in, aren't we? Then I found it available online again although I was informed of a shipping delay. I ordered it. Shipping was twice delayed but I finally got it a few days before the Chinese New Year.


Left: old Guerlain Kiss Kiss, Center/Right: The Chinese New Year Kiss Kiss

I love Guerlain, you see. I have a few Kiss Kiss lipsticks from way back when they were packaged in gold (the more yellow gold one in the picture above) and I have a few more in its new little black dress (see Beige Booster reviewed here). I was not expecting Sexy Coral to be quite so... orange.


Guerlain Kiss Kiss Shaping Lip Colour in 344 Sexy Coral

You will agree with me that this lipstick looks incredibly orange, I think. I thought over my entire collection, the last time that I had perhaps bought anything so orange and I remembered a certain NARS lip pencil in Iberico (see the NARS Coffret here) which I only have because it was in a set. Otherwise, I don't think I have deliberately purchased anything... orange.


Guerlain Kiss Kiss in 344 Sexy Coral

Left: NARS Iberico, Right: Guerlain Kiss Kiss in 344 Sexy Coral

Granted, there's a certain sheerness to this lipstick that may work to make it ever so slightly less orange when on. I decided that instead of taking it back to the store (because it took forever for me to get it), I was just going to use it as if it was a lip gloss and put it on top of different kinds of lipstick. For you, I have taken a photograph of it in its orange glory. It is perhaps a bit less orange in this picture than I felt it was in real life. But in my opinion, a sexy coral this most certainly is not.



No comments:

Post a Comment