Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine in 212 Récit and 216 Lettre

Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine

The name says it all. The Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine is a pen style lip color with plenty of shine!

Here's how the CHANEL website describes them:

"The intensity of a lipstick, the shine of a lipgloss and the comfort of a lip balm — all in one creamy yet lightweight formula. This innovative formula is enriched with nourishing Apple Seed Extract and hydrating Jojoba Oil and Coconut Oil. Silk Powder, Beeswax and special ingredients help visibly 
smooth, plump and add brilliant 3D shine to the lips. A spectrum of eight irresistible shades features 
pinks, reds, nudes and corals. In a convenient, twist-up ‘stylo’ form to write your colour signature."

I was attracted to the beautiful colors on the display. The testers had a band of color on the outside, which gives you an idea of the color inside. The product for sale does not have this band so I was a little disappointed. I wish it did! The product twists up and down like a typical pen-style product. Do exercise care when twisting and try not to put out too much product. I've found that at times, it doesn't twist back down completely and it can get messy trying to put the lid back on if the lip color doesn't go in all the way down. I'm very particular about keeping things neat, especially with makeup. I definitely notice things like this.

The product is extremely soft. I'm actually a little worried that these will melt in my bag if I carry them around in the summer. After swatching them however, I was fully enamored by the intense buttery texture and patent sheen. It was hard to buy just one so I got two. The color I wanted first was 216 Lettre. It is described as a soft and subtle rosewood, just the neutral that the doctor ordered. It's less rosy and more peachy when on. Overall, just very natural with my skin tone and goes with my quick everyday neutral look.


Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo Swatches

Shades of plum are my go-to in the winter since those tend to look right with what I generally wear in this weather. I picked 212 Récit. Although this is described as a deep purple, be not afraid. It's a rosy, plum berry shade. You can build the intensity from a mere stain if you apply one coat and blot, or full on color and shine with multiple coats. However, the more layers you add, the harder this gets to control. It starts to apply a bit unevenly and will definitely spill over the edges of the lips as you pile on more product. I recommend a matching lipliner for definition if you can get one. Or maybe just go with a clear liner to keep it from going over a certain area. A lighter nude liner that matches the color of your lips will also keep it in check.


Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo in 212 Récit

I'm a bit wary of comparing these to any other lipstick but let me give it a shot. My first impression was that it was a more sophisticated Revlon Lip Butter. The twist-up pen applicator helps, as does the narrower circumference of the product as it twists out. It is a completely different package from the Revlon Lip Butters. In a way, it reminds me more of the original Chanel Rouge Coco Shine. As they have reformulated those with heavier pigment, these are left in a category all on their own within the brand. I also think that these have decent longevity, despite the overt creaminess of application. Then again, I'm not one who minds reapplying lipstick frequently. I didn't mind them with the original Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks. I would swipe the whole thing off before I eat and start from scratch when I'm done.

Overall, I like these. I don't know if I would grab more than two of the eight colors partly because of the cost. But I would like to have them for awhile to see if I am in love with the way they wear down the line. For now, thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment