Friday, May 29, 2015

Clinique Cheek Pops Melon and Heather Pop



So I was going to take the Melon Cheek Pop to the beach and guess what? I didn't even have a second to put on any makeup. I barely had time for sunscreen but of course, I had to make time for that. The day after we got back, I had set up our family photo session. It was a poor time to do it but I had signed up for some Amazon Local deal (which was the only reason we were even doing it at this time of year, with this mall photo studio) and that deal was expiring that very day. In a rush to do anything and everything, I grabbed the first blush I saw in the drawer and used Melon Pop. That was a very good choice, thankfully. It applied beautifully and looked so natural in pictures. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the other shade I ordered, Heather Pop.




I'll admit, I haven't thought much about Clinique makeup lately. But the lady over at Temptalia is such a fan of these that she did an extensive feature. I think you could look up every shade made of the Clinique Cheek Pops on her blog/website. After looking at all the shades, I decided on these two. I got Melon Pop first because they didn't have Heather Pop at the store and they had to ship it to me.




These are made in Italy, something which surprised me. So with that in mind, I had higher expectations. But neither shade failed me. They're pretty to look at. The packaging is sturdy. Best of all, they apply really well. Smooth and streak-free. Melon Pop is less pigmented than Heather Pop, likely due to the nature of the shade. Melon Pop is peach and Heather Pop is pink. But I find neither to be lacking in any way and would not hesitate to recommend them.


Melon Pop on left, Heather Pop on right

same, under warm lighting conditions (full on sun)

If you're a fan of the gift with purchase, this is Clinique we're talking about. There's always one, somewhere. Right now, the place is Nordstrom. If that's not your store of choice, there's Clinique.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment