Friday, March 13, 2015

Guerlain Terracotta Natural Healthy Glow Powder Duo in 01 Clair-Brunettes

This arrived at my doorstep today. And while I'm pleased to have received it, I am somewhat worried that I'm not going to like it as much as I'd hoped.





I'm a bit of a Guerlain devotee, especially when it comes to the Terracotta line. I have several of their bronzers and I love each one. Maybe some more than others but I find their quality to be unparalleled. On the surface, this feels like Guerlain attempting to jump into the Bonne Mine bandwagon and frankly, I don't think that they ever needed to do that. But I may yet eat my words since this just arrived and I haven't used it.

What scared me upon opening it was its eerie similarity to a Chanel Les Beiges product that I bought last year and which I kind of don't really like. So, just for a quick superficial comparison, I've photographed it next to two Les Beiges products. The one on the left is No. 30 which I do like and the one on the right is the one that I don't.




There's also some kind of frosty sheen to the Guerlain product but I suspect that it is merely some kind of overspray that will disappear after a number of uses. Well, we shall see!




UPDATE 5/29/15: What's new? I TOTALLY love this product. To warm up the skin, this is now my "bonne mine powder" of choice. It's got the signature Guerlain Terracotta glow written all over it, in an incredibly smooth formula. I use a large powder brush to apply (usually the angled one from Chanel) and it is just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment