Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Sweet Star

Sometimes, no matter how much research you do on a product, it just fails to meet your expectations when you finally receive it. This rarely happens with me and Chanel nail polish but here's a case when it actually did. Sweet Star.




There are several challenges to be addressed here. It's a duochrome metallic that's difficult to photograph and I relied on the few reviews I had seen online. None of the counters I had seen had it. It was a limited edition shade that had gotten so much press before reaching American shores. It was either, get it or risk not being able to get it. Something possessed me to pull the trigger because I usually have a good experience with Chanel nail color. So I ordered it online.






Receiving that box was like Christmas. It arrived in a timely manner and it was packaged beautifully. I had no doubt that I would love what was inside. But I am unhappy with this color. It doesn't look good on me. The purple side of it looks better (and in the bottle that's what I see) but when light hits and it looks green, I hate it. I'm not really good at applying nail polish and this was a challenge. Sometimes polish clings to the brush unevenly. When I apply a coat, I can't see very well if I'm getting color or not but I really don't want to pile it on because it looks even more streaky when I do. I expect my nails to look great so I am willing to buy more expensive polish, in the hopes that application will be a breeze. But I guess this was a shade I should have left to the professionals. I put it on and took it right off. I really am stuck with this bottle since I can't return used product to Chanel.com, even when it disappoints. Perhaps if I had time to hit the nail salon, I would consider it for a pedicure but for my hands, I'm sticking to Essie's Dress to Kilt (see previous review). 

No comments:

Post a Comment