Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint Beautifying Foundation with Sunscreen and Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation




Foundation can be a really complicated subject. Personally, I use several different types in different shades. My favorites tend to see-saw between just a few brands. Guerlain is one brand where I've found really good formulas and formulas that failed me. But mainly, what sells me on foundation is the color match. Right now, it seems that heaven can be found in the form of the Guerlain Terracotta Joli Teint Beautifying Foundation in the shade Clair.




I bought mine at Sephora. I initially took home the next darker shade which I think was Naturel but that one turned orange on me. I was hesitant to bring home Clair because it looked incredibly light when I squirted some on my hand. However, after putting it on, it was simply perfect.




How do I define perfect? In this sense, this is a color I can pump a few drops of on my fingers and put on like I was simply putting on moisturizer. The end effect looks exactly like me with a few less blemishes. Color matching to my neck isn't an issue because it seems that this just seamlessly blends into the skin of my face so whatever normal shading exists (that is, my neck can be darker than my face without makeup on) still exists but looks absolutely... normal.


Pump of Guerlain foundation

The product is scented, like everything in the world of Guerlain. It's expensive, like everything in the world of Guerlain :) but really, an ounce for $53 of something I would love to use everyday doesn't sound too bad. This is my favorite everyday foundation right now. It wins on color, feel, and ease of use. Even the product packaging is brilliant, in my opinion. The plastic tube is slim and won't break. The pump works properly and doesn't make a mess. It's light and travel-friendly. On top of it all, it has SPF. Winner, is all I can say!

Now, for longer days, I have to admit, you need maybe a little more coverage. This was never marketed as a long wear foundation so I don't expect to remain flawless for 8 hours without any help. I don't just mean powder or primer. On that same trip to Sephora that netted me this Guerlain foundation, I experimented with a Sephora product that's a nod to Dior's Airflash foundation. See, I can't use Dior foundation. Everything I've ever tried from the brand has made me itchy so I thought, for $26, here's a can of pseudo Airflash that I can play with. And what a pleasant surprise!




The Sephora associate who assisted me told me to spray this on to a large brush or on my hand and apply lightly in a sweeping motion all over as a finishing foundation. While that looked nice, I've found that I can also spray directly on my face in tiny bursts and then buff in with a fluffy brush. Just don't put your dress on first because you could spray some on it. Alternately, you could spray on the back of the hand and use a sponge to apply it but I think it looks more airbrushed when a brush is used. I picked a slightly darker shade, Medium, since I want a little more color but also because the next lighter shade seems a tad too light.

So, if I need more coverage or I know I'll be having a longer day, I top the Guerlain foundation with the Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation. I don't even think it needs setting powder but you could put some on lightly, just to prevent color transfer on to clothes if that is an issue. And honestly, I could use this foundation by itself too, just that I prefer my Guerlain or the two as a combo. It works for me. I hope it will work for you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment