Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in 95 Mirage and Long Lasting Eyeliner in Ambre Doré




That's enough nail polish for a few days, I think. If you feel like a good no-slip eyeshadow/eyeliner combo for the summer, Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre and Long Lasting Eyeliner lines have a few good things for you. My pick for eyeshadow of the season is shade 95 Mirage - a good medium bronze that is buildable in intensity and will suit many skin tones.




Mirage was a last-minute purchase on my part and I am so glad I went in! While I'm not the biggest cream shadow fan, I've gotten used to the general texture of the line. The bouncy, spongy feel in the pot gives way to some smooth creamy color that you can lay down as a sheer wash or build to a dark, smoky eye. This one has no glitter specks that tend to annoy me. It's just shimmery color that's subtle enough for morning church but can be layered to reach a darker, more intense glimmer for night. 





If you're looking for something similar in a cream shadow stick, the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Sandglow is a deadringer. That said, they are both favorites.



L-R: Mirage, Ambre Doré

As for the eyeliner, I really thought I would be pleased but I was not. The color was not what I expected as it was warmer and peachier than I'd hoped. You see, I was thinking that it would look just like Mirage in an eyeliner and that would have been just perfect for lining the bottom lashline. If not that, I was hoping to find a high end replacement for an old Urban Decay favorite called Underground but this was not it. However, it applied as well as any other eyeliner from the same line. Given a little more depth, I could have liked it more. As it is, I mix in a dark brown or black liner to achieve the effect I want. 



Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in Ambre Doré

So here's my take, on this double feature, run out and get the eyeshadow. If you want to spend $32 on eyeliner, grab Santal or Espresso instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment