Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Snapshot March 2014

It's been awhile, hasn't it? I know because my daughter is now 6 months old and the last post was from September, an autopost a few days after I had the baby. The vanity has long since been relocated to the 7 year old's room and I am once again doing my makeup in the bathroom. So the snapshot here is from between the two sinks, the makeup from the day after I joined my daughter's first grade class and read them a story.




Although inwardly I didn't think myself nervous, I found myself sweating through every pore on my scalp as I read them the story. Just another anxious mother eager to please a group of seven year old boys and girls. But the makeup held firm. Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks (in Sandglow and Amethyst) and the limited edition Chanel in Moon River are pretty resilient in the face of water. Urban Decay's 24/7 Liners (I wore Zero on top, Underground on bottom) are likewise unbudging. Chanel's Les Beiges are a good finishing powder, adding just a light veil of bronze over my skin made sallow by winter. I'm faithful to Anastasia's brow powders and use that pretty much every time.

The last lipstick I bought was the Guerlain Rouge G in Provocative which you see in the snapshot although I opted for a more natural Make Up For Ever shade that day. The big discovery was the newly opened tube of Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Mascara. I've had this tube, unopened, for over a year and I was pleasantly surprised that it was still good, actually quite wonderful. Perhaps a review is in order.



No comments:

Post a Comment