Tuesday, September 17, 2013

L'Oreal True Match LUMI Healthy Luminous Makeup

I've always found L'Oreal foundation to be the easiest foundation to pick out at the drugstore. I like the premise of True Match and the shade selection is probably still the most varied one you can find at that price point. However, based on past experience, I know that True Match is still hit or miss for me. I lean towards N2-W2 but with many of their formulations, they can be a bit too light for me. As it was summer when I bought it, I thought I'd grab the True Match LUMI Healthy Luminous Makeup in N3 Natural Buff. I figured, if it's a little dark, I could just mix in a little tinted moisturizer or a little bit of foundation that's a shade lighter to get it to work better.




Interestingly, N3 didn't turn out so bad for me. I had spent a lot of time out by the pool with my daughter from June to August and inasmuch as I slather myself with plenty of sunscreen as necessary, I did receive the inevitable light tan. I still would have preferred the color a smidge lighter but it was acceptable even without mixing in a lighter shade. What surprised me further was how my skin seemed to actually like this formula. At first pump, I was worried about the formula being too runny but it had a creaminess to it (probably silicones) that made it easy to apply, even with just fingers. Then I was concerned that I smelled alcohol in it but that didn't seem to have any bad effects on my skin, at least nothing visible.


L'Oreal True Match LUMI Healthy Luminous Makeup in N3

This formula is supposed to contain vitamins and antioxidants to give your skin not just the hydration it needs but also a neat dose of health. Add some SPF 20 and you're covered. Literally. Now I'm not one to trust SPF in foundation products during serious sun exposure but I suppose it's a nice addition.

I generally apply a good moisturizer before foundation and I allow my moisturizer to sink in well before I use this foundation. I think a good primer helps to keep it in place longer. There's a certain dewiness to the finish so I recommend setting with a good translucent powder. This will make it last further in the day. I think the coverage is buildable to medium although it is on the light side. For daily makeup purposes, I find it to be sufficient.

Now I've heard people complaining about it becoming too greasy, settling into fine lines and melting away rather quickly. I honestly didn't have any of these experiences. But perhaps that's the way it is with foundation. There's really not one formula that works for every single person. I think L'Oreal came up with something pretty good here. I'd happily use this during non-occasions but I'm not sure I'd wear it to a party. I'd want more coverage for special events. Either way, not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment