Friday, September 13, 2013

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Cream Swatches and New Powder Pics

I have for you today pictures of Guerlain's new BB Cream product, the Lingerie de Peau BB Cream SPF 30. This product has the same concept as pretty much every other BB Cream out in the market. It's a one-step makeup product that evens the skintone while hydrating and remaining lightweight on the skin. Personally, I haven't found a BB Cream that I really liked. If I'm going that route, I much prefer a tinted moisturizer paired with concealer but at the end of the day, I still prefer the coverage of foundation.

I stumbled upon the Guerlain BB Cream on a trip to Sephora and was given samples of the two shades that it came in, light and medium. Already, I hear the warning bells tolling. I'll tell you right now, much like every Guerlain foundation product there is, the shades are so limited. Perhaps they thought, because the product is sheer, they only really needed to make two shades. But if you're really fair or pretty dark, there's nothing for you here.


Left: Light, Right: Medium

I tried putting this product on in the light shade, which was a tad too light for me, and did a quick swatch test of the dark shade which was definitely much too dark for me. I settled on applying the light shade on the areas of my face that I felt needed it. Well, it adhered to dry patches here and there and did not sink in very well. I couldn't stand the way it looked and had to grab a makeup remover wipe to quickly remove it. I was already running late at that point but I would rather go out bare-faced than with it on.

Would I try it again? No. I would really rather wear foundation if I had to. This offers some kind of skin-evening coverage but it is still a sheer product, for all intensive purposes. I just didn't like the way it sat on my skin and the color was off. It's also highly fragranced. For your reference, I photographed the swatches. I applied these on my arm and let them dry out a little bit to see if the color would change. It did not.  If you feel like you might find a good match, make sure to sample it first before buying.




Another new face product from Guerlain is the Les Voilettes Translucent Compact Powder Mattifying Veil Face Powder, also called the Evanescent Powder. I'm so confused now that I'm just going to refer to it as the new powder. I recall when I saw this on the Nordstrom website, it was called the Evanescent Powder but then it disappeared from the site and so I ended up ordering it from Neiman Marcus where it is called the Les Voilettes Pressed Powder. It says there are three shade offerings: 02 Light, 03 Intense and 04 Medium. There must be quite a lot of confusion surrounding the name and shades because I tried to order a Medium and was sent Doré. But it's not entirely wrong because if you're going by the product number, then 04 is not Medium, it is Doré, as you can see from the product that I photographed.





Anyway, I sent it back because it was the wrong item. I did not test it. Would I attempted to reorder it? No. See, I was rather surprised at how small the entire thing was. It's like the old Météorites Compact Powder, really small and light, very little product. I think it has even less product and I suspect that it is replacing that old powder. But I really didn't need a new one because I'm perfectly happy with my old powder and I thought from the pictures that it would be bigger. Well, it's not. It just fits in the palm of my hand.





It's a pretty package though, much like everything Guerlain. I imagine that it is a lovely product to use. But I was really looking for a better value and I was disappointed. Maybe when I finish my old powder they would have sorted the shade names out. I might try to repurchase then.

No comments:

Post a Comment