Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in Purple Berry



The Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in Purple Berry is another item from Les Délices de Chanel, a collection currently available on the Chanel website. I previously picked up the Aqualumière Gloss in Friandise which I posted about here.


Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in 77 Purple Berry

Purple Berry is described as cassis with a metallic finish. When I first tried it, I thought that it reminded me more of Grenat that was less reddish and more purple. A comparison swatch was definitely in order.




I feel like it falls between Cassis from fall 2010 and Grenat from spring 2012. While not the same as either one of these shades, I wouldn't necessarily say Purple Berry warrants a purchase if you have the other two. For me, it's gotten to a point where I collect these eyeliners since it looks like I've purchased pretty much every new color that has come out in the last few years. At $30, no, they're not a bargain. Although I like Purple Berry as a color, I would have to point out that it applies lighter than the other two and if you're looking for more definition, I would put my money on Cassis and skip Purple Berry entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment