Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in Khaki Précieux

Chanel's fall collection did not turn out as interesting to me as it usually does. The new cheek product (a cream - the blush format that I find to be my least favorite) was simply not for me. The lip colors were pretty but not compelling enough so I declare the new waterproof eyeliner in Khaki Précieux as the highlight of the collection for me.




Collection Superstition features khaki for the eyes and nails, with coordinating eyeliner, eyeshadow and nail colors. I thought about getting the quad but after much thought, felt that I really didn't need it. I buy the eyeliners because I genuinely like the formula. Every once in awhile, you get one that applies patchily but the ones that do work out for me are truly long lasting and vibrant. The Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in Khaki Précieux represents the better batch of these eyeliners. It applies well, lasts me the day and it certainly helped that it was a deadringer for one of my favorite eyeliner colors of all time, my Laura Mercier Kohl Liner in Black Gold. Now I get my black gold in a sturdy formula (as the kohl one needs to be smudged to be used, otherwise it really does get all over the place) and I am super happy.






Khaki Précieux looks to me more like a darkened gold with a hint of green bronze. I like this color for year-round use and I would readily wear it by itself because I think it suits my coloring superbly. Light to medium skin with a hint of tan in the summer, golden brown hair... all you need is this, some mascara and lip color, and you're ready to go.




This eyeliner comes with a built in sharpener that you can use to sharpen the tip back to its original shape. It's not a lot of product for the price but I knew that walking into the purchase so I can live with it. The amount of product has never been an issue for me. I recommend this based on color and longevity. Each one retails for $30.






No comments:

Post a Comment