Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chanel Aqualumière Gloss in Friandise

They say they've discontinued the Aqualumière Lip Gloss line and yet there are two more new shades available to the US market. The nude French Toffee and the pink coral shimmer Friandise.





Friandise is a fun shade. It's summery and just bursting with light. I've used it by itself (pictured below) and I find that it's one of those shades that looks different depending on the lighting and the base. But I crave some definition. I think that probably because it's sheer, it looks better with some lipstick underneath or maybe some lip liner to outline the lips a little. If this isn't the effect you're going for, however, it's perfectly pretty to use by itself.



Chanel Aqualumière Gloss in Friandise



Now, if you're not a fan of that dusky mauve brown lipstick you just bought or you want to tone down a fall berry shade and make it work for summer, this baby is your topper. It lightens and brightens the deeper base color and makes it shimmer. Under the bright vanity lights of my powder room (where I usually do a final check before stepping out the door), it looks quite multi-dimensional. Not too heavy on the color but definitely loaded up with shine.

Of my rotation glosses though, it has the poorest lasting power. This doesn't bother me too much as I've come to expect it of this line. They're phenomenal when it comes to moisture and the texture is unbeatable, which is the only reason I keep buying them. They warrant frequent reapplication, that's the tradeoff.

The Chanel Aqualumière Gloss in 82 Friandise is part of the 8-piece collection Les Délices de Chanel, available on Chanel's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment