Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick Set



This is by no means a brand new offering from Burberry (think back to holiday 2012) but I saw that Nordstrom brought it back on their website recently. The Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick Set features 3 shades of their "Lip Cover" Soft Satin Lipsticks: No. 1 Nude Beige, No. 8 Tea Rose and No. 10 Dusty Rose. It's a selection of colors that's designed to please. None too bold to wear to work and they certainly qualify as day to night colors. I imagine that Tea Rose and Dusty Rose are quite popular. Nude Beige feels a lot like concealer lips but serves a purpose. At $72, it's cheaper than buying all three colors individually but that kinda math only works if you truly like all three.






I like this line of lip color from Burberry. I have only a few because my local Nordstrom does not have a Burberry counter and I prefer to peruse colors in person. But looking at these three, I knew I didn't make a mistake. They are all colors that I would regularly wear, particularly Tea Rose. I am looking forward to enjoying these shades year round.

Pictures...



Above, Burberry Lip Cover in No. 1 Nude Beige


Above, Burberry Lip Cover in No. 8 Tea Rose


Above, Burberry Lip Cover in No. 10 Dusty Rose

Swatches L-R: Nude Beige, Tea Rose, Dusty Rose

I've reviewed this line before so I don't feel any need to reiterate in detail what I like and don't like about these lipsticks. The packaging is elegant, as long as you don't mind it being boxy and magnetic. The product itself is lusciously creamy and although incredibly moisturizing, will cling to dry spots here and there. I think they last pretty well too. They are highly scented. If that does not bother you, then these make a lovely gift for any occasion. You could even buy the set and break it up to give to three different people. Keep one for yourself though. You won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment