Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Guerlain Maxi Shine Gloss in No. 465 Bubble Gum

One of three lip glosses on rotation for me lately is the Guerlain Maxi Shine Gloss in No. 465 Bubble Gum. I bought this online, sight unseen, without any solid expectations of what it might be like. It felt safe to pick a pink, and safe is precisely what this shade is. It's certainly brighter and more pink than my natural lip color, a bit on the sheer side and probably still falls under the My Lips But Better category for most people.


Guerlain Maxi Shine Gloss in No. 465 Bubble Gum



This new line of lip glosses from Guerlain is rather different from the KissKiss Gloss line that I've had a very good experience with. Nonetheless, it performs satisfactorily for what it is. It doesn't purport to be a long-lasting formula but it does promise plenty of moisture, shine and something of a plumping effect. It's not a lip plumper, ok? I tend to shy away from those things. There's no funny tingle of any sort when you put it on but lips do look fuller in the most subtle way. I appreciate that because I really don't need or want a heavy lip plumper.



Guerlain Maxi Shine Gloss in No. 465 Bubble Gum

Lasting power? Maybe three hours at best. It's not KissKiss but a lighter, softer sister of the line. Bubble Gum gives me that hint of pink that works with any makeup situation and it's easy to put it on and forget about it. It's not a must-have and I'm certainly not bowled over but I like it. It's... nice.





The applicator is one of those flat-head foot types. It's not quite your regular doe-foot which I think I would have preferred. It's like the Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss. But you get used to it. At the end of the day, it's a pretty go-to color that I happily keep in my purse for touch ups.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! You know the funny thing about it was that I had taken the pictures and it took me awhile to get back to writing the post. Then I realized how absolutely delectable it looked in the photographs. It's just a simple but yummy color :)

      Delete