Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in 575 Starlet

I was told that Starlet is the limited edition shade in the Chanel Avant-Première collection. I admit it was an impulse buy, along with an eyeshadow stick from the summer collection. While I don't regret either purchase, I have been lagging behind in the reviews.


Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Starlet

Starlet is a shimmering peach that comes off acceptably opaque in two coats. I like that it isn't a screaming coral and doesn't look frosty despite the shimmers. I imagine that it will be easy to replicate with less expensive brands but I have nothing exactly the same in my collection at the moment. I almost bought Paparazzi too but I wasn't feeling the brown at the time.




I tried to photograph Starlet for you in three different lighting scenarios. I have full-on sun above and indirect light morning sun below (the topmost photo, shot from the side, was taken indoors with flash). You can see that the shimmers aren't so apparent in certain views but I think that's the beauty of it. This will transition well into summer and I'm looking forward to getting it on my toes on my next pedicure.




No comments:

Post a Comment