Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Saga, Suspense and Fiction (Collection Avant-Première de Chanel)

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine L-R: Saga, Suspense, Fiction

I'm staring down at the dozen swatches I have on my arm of the various Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks I have on hand and it makes me pleased about the selection I've made from the Avant-Première collection. The three I picked: Saga, Suspense and Fiction, are definitely different from my old ones. Swatched together, all my old Rouge Coco Shines suddenly look brown.



Swatches L-R: Saga, Suspense, Fiction

Number 79 Saga is described as a pink but swatched on my fair inner arm, I'm seeing peach. Number 80 Suspense was supposed to be a fuschia. Ok, I'll grant them that. It's fuschia but with a raspberry shimmer. Only makes it better, in my opinion. And then there's number 81 Fiction. Is it plum or is it red? I call it plum cherry. It's scary dark in the tube but applies bright and sheer, with hints of purple and red.

These three new ones are a serious pop of color. The pigment is more intense (30% more, according to Lisa Eldridge in one of her videos for Chanel where she puts on Suspense) but it's the same buttery smooth formula I've come to adore. I decided against the individual pictures because it seems the colors are clearer when they appear in contrast with other shades. Most of the photographs appear in the left to right sequence of Saga, Suspense and Fiction, unless otherwise labelled.





While there are eight new Rouge Coco Shine shades in this collection, there are also six Rouge Coco lipsticks and four nail colors, one of which is a repromote. Sometimes it bothers me that Chanel releases these in between collections as I never know what season to file them under. (Does anybody else think they've gone overboard with the number of collections they release in a year? It's like, grab a theme and release 12 new colors!) But I suppose this one can be considered complementary to summer, the focus being on lips and nails.


Top to bottom: Fiction, Suspense and Saga

I haven't decided on a favorite and I'm not certain whether or not I'll be getting any of the other colors (probably not. I can only use so much lipstick in a season) but once I pick one out, you'll be the first to know.

1 comment:

  1. Saga looks to peach to me also. It is pretty though and as a women who prefers pink, Imhaven't bought a few peach leaning shades this year. Suspense is something for me to check out in the future.

    ReplyDelete