Friday, May 17, 2013

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion

I suppose most people reacted to Chanel's summer collection favorably but I found myself not entirely sure if I wanted to pick up anything. The eyeshadow sticks, while most interesting, had me a little worried about possible skin reactions as I'd heard at least one case of an allergic take to the cooling effect. Truthfully, I've probably reached the saturation point when it comes to the sticks. But as I continue to mull over purchasing Moon River, I thought you might like to see what I did pick out from the collection.


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Pygmalion

The Chanel Rouge Coco Shine line is probably my current favorite line of sheer lipsticks. I like the size and look of the tube, and more importantly, I like the formula. I find that it slicks on very easily but being sheer, it's not hard to apply. You can dab on here and there even without a mirror. True, it doesn't last all day long but I'm not a big fan of long lasting formulas. I do like to be able to remove everything over the course of the day and reapply a fresh coat or two.

Just to refresh you memory, it is a sheer lipstick. To get to the color intensity of the swatch below took ten swipes of product across my inner arm. On the lips, I didn't swipe it quite as many times but I do like to put on a lot. 






Sometimes Pygmalion comes off more of a sheer raspberry on my lips. When I tried it in the store, the stain it left my lips seemed a little more coral but when I took it home and wore it again, I got more raspberry. In my pictures, it seems to catch more of the coral so it's more interesting than it seems. It interacts with the natural color of your lips so I imagine it will look different on everyone. It looks different on me, depending on what my lips looked like naturally before I'd put it on and depending on what I'm wearing as well. But I find that a few layers gives me rich color payoff and shine. It brightens in the best way possible. So far, Pygmalion is the prime candidate for lipstick I most often carry in my purse. I think this will prove true throughout the summer as well.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour on you and me ha, ha. I agree somethimes it looks coral and sometimes more red/rasberry. You should also test the eyeshadow sticks I love them I have moon rivier and jade shore very easy to apply and stay on very well, very well colour pay off too no allergic reaction at all and the cooling effect you only feel that while applying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try them! But it being allergy season and all, sometimes all I want to do is scratch and scratch and scratch my eyes. No fun for eye makeup :( But I'll get to it soon enough, I'm certain :)

      Delete