Monday, February 4, 2013

Rimmel Glam'Eyes Quad Eyeshadow in Precious Crown

Rimmel Glam'Eyes Quad Eyeshadow in Precious Crown

The Rimmel display at my local Target has a number of eyeshadows on clearance as well. (My previous post shows a variety of other products on clearance.) I thought I'd pick one up because I had a coupon. Just for fun, here is Precious Crown.



Rimmel Glam'Eyes Quad Eyeshadow in Precious Crown

I picked out a quad of dark colors because I wasn't sure if these would be pigmented at all. I was also attracted to the pretty green at the bottom. While I can't imagine using the quad as is (definitely need to augment with other colors), I thought that it might work out nicely for an accent here and there or for contouring.



Swatches L-R: navy blue, black glitter, purple, green


Although I was thrilled that these did apply darkly (I used the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base with the swatches), I was disappointed that they all looked like some variant of black. The green pops a little better than the others but when I applied it on my eye without a base, it did look mostly black as well. I think these will benefit from a colored base like a MAC Paint Pot or one of those Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows. Maybe even a Laura Mercier Caviar Stick. Something to play with.

There are some other Rimmel eyeshadows on clearance and while I considered getting one, I put it right back on the shelf when I saw that it was made in China. The one I purchased is made in the UK.


Rimmel Glam'Eyes Quad Eyeshadows (various colors now $2.78)

Rimmel Glam'Eyes HD Eye Shadow (various colors now $3.14)

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog today and I must say that I am loving it! And I absolutely adore Rimmel!

    ReplyDelete