Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in 60 Soft Raspberry




It's not a Clinique Chubby Stick but the Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick. Mine comes in the shade Soft Raspberry, number 60.








If you wondered about the roses in the background, I thought it would make a nice change from the plain white, grey or beige that I normally use. My husband had run out one Sunday afternoon to pick up a few items from Costco and came home with flowers. Not quite Valentine's Day yet but the gesture was much appreciated. The blooms have lasted a week and a half now. There is at least one perfect rose remaining to this day.

But anyway, I think it's nice that drugstore brands have upped their game that a product like this is definitely comparable to something twice the price or more. Neutrogena has done a nice job of creating this twist up lip color that is easy to apply and will never need sharpening. It's everything a chubby lip pencil is supposed to be.

While I expected sheer color, as that was my experience with Clinique, I found that Neutrogena's take is actually a lot more pigmented and buildable. Soft Raspberry comes off rosy and pinkish with hints of brown and a very soft pearlized finish. It complements my natural lip color very well. It can be applied to look natural or you can add a few extra layers to look a little more done up. I don't think adding more product necessarily makes it more moisturizing but I don't find it to be drying.





Neutrogena's MoistureSmooth Color Sticks have decent lasting power and don't feel heavy on the lips. If I could change anything, I wish they did without the fruity fragrance which does bother me somewhat. But if not for that, I would be tempted to grab a few more shades.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh! What a lovely colour! Making me so jealous, wish we have this range here :-(

    ReplyDelete