Thursday, February 21, 2013

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 956 Eggplant



I never thought that I asked much of my eyeliner but after testing a whole slew of them lately, I realize that I'm actually quite picky. I was reasonably happy with the L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner of which I've reviewed Blackest Black and Navy. However, L'Oreal doesn't have a purple in its lineup. I was attracted by the prospect of a beautiful aubergine from Maybelline although I was disappointed that this shade had a lot more brown to it than violet.


Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Eggplant



Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Eggplant

The claims are not completely unusual. It can create an intense line that is smudgeproof and waterproof and lasts for 24 hours. I refuse to keep it on for that long but a whole day's wear proved quite enough for me. The product is packaged with a brush that is functional but you may be used to a different type of brush for applying such a product. It says on the back of the package that you should wipe the brush clean with a dry tissue and close the cap tightly after each use. Does that mean it doesn't need to be washed? Good heavens, no! Anything that is used on the eye area, particularly on a non-powder product, I think, needs to be washed after every use. There's just no excuse for leaving it unwashed.






The Maybelline website says that it is "contact lens safe" and it is supposedly ophthalmologist-tested safe for sensitive eyes. But it does irritate my eyes a little bit. Contact lens safe? No no no! Your lenses are so not safe from this formula. I was so upset that first time I used this product because I got the tiniest particle rub onto one lens and I could not get it off. I used up almost a half a bottle of solution trying to gently rub it off to no avail. I had to throw it out and get a new one.

It's almost unfair but I had a poor experience with this product that I will not be buying other shades for sure. I know that I need to be much more careful during application and I need to stay as far away as I can from the eye. That means I can't use it for tightlining. It works alright above the lashline and it can be winged out nicely but that's probably all I'm going to use it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment