Friday, February 8, 2013

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Grey Pearl



How do you look in taupe eyeshadow? I know there's a taupe-lovin' club out there and Laura Mercier has an offer for you. The Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Grey Pearl.





Grey Pearl is one more color just released by the brand for spring. Sephora does not sell this shade at this time (and I'm not sure they ever will) but you can easily locate it at the nearest Laura Mercier counter at your favorite department store. I've gotten the four shades sold by Sephora and of the other four sold by Neiman Marcus (including Mint Snow, Seashell and Pink Opal), Grey Pearl was the only one I felt like getting. While I usually do an ensemble feature, this ended up being a solo as I foresee that this will be the last one that I will be buying for now.

Grey Pearl has its fair share of brown and grey but it's that pearly finish that changes the shade so much in the light. It reflects light incredibly and might look a little different in pictures than in person. I thought I'd compare it to Clinique's Lots O' Latte, which I talked about yesterday. While similar, you can see that Grey Pearl is slightly more grey. A key difference though is that while I blended these out a little bit (see the swatch below), that's 8 swipes of the Clinique product compared to two swipes of Laura Mercier. So while rather lightly-pigmented for a Laura Mercier Caviar Stick, it still fares better than the Clinique Chubby Stick when it comes to richness in color.


Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Grey Pearl


The stick itself is creamy like other Caviar Sticks and it's easy to apply and blend. I did have to put more layers with this than with other shades in the line but the color is definitely nicely buildable. I've found that building up thin layers (adding another if necessary after blending out the first coat with a brush) works to keep creasing at bay. I get such longevity from this product. It's well-suited to long days but comes off cleanly with a waterproof eye makeup remover. I liked the end-look here (worn with an aubergine eyeliner and a little mascara) and Grey Pearl will come in handy for when I need to do a quick and lightly shimmery smoky taupe look.



No comments:

Post a Comment