Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Guerlain Les Voilettes Mineral Invisible Skin-Fusion Loose Powder

I am trying to figure out why I haven't yet reviewed this product as I've been using it a lot. I figured it was probably because I couldn't really figure out what to say about it that wasn't new or didn't sound overindulgent. Guerlain's Les Voilettes Mineral Invisible Skin-Fusion Loose Powder is quite simply loose powder that you would use to set your foundation and for the occasional touch up.




That it's a mineral powder sometimes conjures images of Bare Minerals but I beg you to think of this as your everyday loose powder with healthy minerals and not a mineral powder foundation. It does not offer coverage. What it does give is a light mattifying veil to blot out shine without caking or looking mask-like. Like all Guerlain powders, it feels good against the skin and is imbued with that signature Guerlain scent of violets.






This loose powder is encased in a gold-colored dispenser. Once you twist the lid off, you will find the black puff that covers the sifter. The sifter is initially covered by a black sticker as shown above. When you remove the sticker, the puff is the only thing that will keep the powder from spewing all over the place. To be fair though, I never have any issues with dispensing too much product at a time. I remove the puff, close the container, invert and shake a little and I get about as little powder as pictured below. This is more than enough to set the makeup all over the entire face and neck.




Barring the fragrance, which some may or may not like, I think that this is a very nice setting powder. Perhaps it's not so special that I would say you need to spend the money on it but eversince I started using this, it's been the only one I've felt like using. It is a little overpriced at $57 for 0.7 oz. but I used to buy Dior and I think that comes out even more expensive than this. Laura Mercier's loose powders are definitely more budget-friendly but they no longer sell the "colored" ones. They are all now translucent. At the end of the day, I like that this has color options for me. I could wear Beige Clair or Beige Naturel but like the look of Beige Clair better.

If I could offer any suggestion regarding this product, I would say leave it at home. This isn't something you want to tote around in your purse or on holiday. It's too big although not really heavy. For travel, I recommend Guerlain's Météorites Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powder which does the job as well and comes in a handy compact. You just get less product for your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment