Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Nail Set Part II

Urban Decay Nail Polish in (L-R) Naked, Sidecar, Toasted and Smog (partial)

In part two of the feature on the Urban Decay Naked Nail Set, I have the shades Toasted, Sidecar and Hustle.


Urban Decay Nail Polish in (L-R) Toasted, Smog and Hustle

Urban Decay Nail Polish in (L-R) Smog, Hustle and Creep

I'm going to start with Hustle, the eggplant shade with light shimmer. The shimmer isn't very apparent unless the color is under the sun. In the shade, it has a seemingly grey cast over it. It reminds me of Laura Mercier Twilight.


Urban Decay Hustle Nail Polish

In the sun, Hustle is vastly more interesting. The color is rich and fully-opaque in two coats. I don't think that it applied as well as Smog but I didn't really have any problems with it.


Urban Decay Hustle Nail Polish

I had to retake the photos for the next two colors because the initial set I'd made (when I was wearing these colors) did not have proper lighting. Toasted is that mostly sheer frosted pink that doesn't become opaque at all even after three coats. The picture shows me wearing two thick coats and it was taken in direct sunlight.


Urban Decay Toasted Nail Polish

To give you a better idea of what Sidecar is like, I painted on one coat, two coats on another nail and used it as top coat on a third nail. I didn't actually wear this shade. I just sampled it. It has no opacity to speak of and it's all glitter, two things that I generally do not like in nail color. I am certain that this is meant to be used merely as top coat but I would never take this home if it wasn't already included in the set.




However, if you are into glitter top coat, you will have some use for this. The silver glitter has a little grit, as can be expected, but appears pretty much as shown in the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment