Saturday, January 19, 2013

Snapshot January 2013

This is my new feature, the occasional *snapshot* of my vanity. I thought that this was a nice way to capture moments and help me remember what stuff I was constantly using or testing at a certain time.

The vanity below is where I meant to do my makeup on a daily basis. However, after we brought it home from the country store when we first moved into our home, I realized that there was simply no place in the bedroom with good enough lighting to actually sit there and put on my face. I've done my makeup in a well-lit room in front of a full-length mirror for years. Now I just sit in front of a window with a handheld mirror. But I still leave my things on the vanity.




So what's on the table, you ask? Hmmm... let's see.

Those two jars in the back: one contains a variety of lip balms; the other contains Tweezerman tweezers, a Shu Uemura eyelash curler, Anastasia Brow Gel, a disposable spoolie and a mini NARS Smudge Proof Eye Primer.

The bottle of fragrance, my latest acquisition, is Hermès Un Jardin sur le Toit which I love but doesn't feel like a winter fragrance so I only use it when it's a little warmer out. The little bottles in front of it are nail polish colors from the Urban Decay Naked Nail Set which I am using now. The round container with a black sponge is the Guerlain Les Violettes Mineral Powder (the upside-down lid is shown partially at the very front of the picture). To the left of that is a jar of Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup with an old tub of MAC lip conditioner. The large tin with little bears on it is where I finally dumped all my Guerlain Météorites into and the jar on top of that is Chanel's Bronzing Makeup Base.

I also have the sample of the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Crème Compact on the table, along with the Undercover Pot (concealer), Maybelline's Barely Branded Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadow, Lancome Artliner in Noir, Guerlain Maxi Lash mascara, Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Underground, Burberry Trench Eyeshadow and an old MAC lip palette that's now empty and been refilled with various shades of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine.

The mug contains lip liners, Anastasia Brow Wiz (brow pencil), a few brushes and a spatula. The jar behind it is where I keep some mascara, eyeliner, highlighter and concealer pens. The Laura Mercier compact on the other side contains some cake eyeliner. Other than the Denman Paddle Brush, the ring holder and the pink ceramic jewelry box with the rose on it, that seems to be everything that is visible on the table.

The vanity has four drawers which house a variety of other skincare and cosmetic items. My moisturizers in rotation right now include La Roche Posay Anthelios SX which I alternate with Lancome Absolue. Both have SPF 15. My favorite everyday foundation is Chanel Vitalumière Aqua (liquid) in B20. I typically use Laura Mercier Primer - Hydrating before that and Guerlain's Les Violettes Mineral Powder as my setting powder or for touch ups. When I'm not testing out some new blush or when I simply can't decide what to put on, I usually end up with Chanel Tweed Rose or Fleur de Lotus. On other days, I skip blush and only use the Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in 01 Blondes which remains my favorite bronzer. I wear a different lip color everyday but I always have some Chanel Rouge Coco Shine on hand. The shade Boy is what I always carry in my purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment