Friday, January 11, 2013

L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color on clearance (shown, VIP Status and The Queen's Might)

I caught a few bottles of L'Oreal nail color on clearance at the nearest Target. Each bottle was marked down to $1.48 from $4.99. I thought these two were particularly nice on.




Above, L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color in 106 VIP Status

Above, L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color in 296 The Queen's Might

VIP Status is striking in the bottle and I think it looks just as good on the nail. The dark metallic greenish/bluish shade is fully opaque in two coats and applies as well as the best colors in the line. I believe that it's part of the regular lineup of colors so I'm wondering why it's on clearance but it could just be my Target.

The Queen's Might is from a limited edition Project Runway collection that also included The Mystic's Future which I recently featured. The color isn't particularly unique; straddling the line between red and pink with a light shimmer. It's also mildly sheer so that while it looks fine with two coats (as shown above), I think it might benefit from one more coat. Although I'm not big on red nail polish, this looks a lot brighter on the nail than in the bottle and it's quite cheery to have on. For $1.48, it's a definite score.

I just acquired these two so I haven't tested them out for wear. However, I expect that they will perform about as well as the other shades from the line. As far as drugstore nail polish goes, L'Oreal is currently my top pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment