Thursday, January 24, 2013

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour New Colors (Spring 2013)

The Caviar Sticks are back! It's the twist up version of the brand's caviar eye liner that you can use for lining and shading. On the Sephora website, you'll find four new shades: Sugar Frost, Sandglow, Orchid and Rosegold.


Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour

I have been told that there are eight new shades in all and I do not believe that any of them are limited edition. However, there must be a distribution arrangement going on or maybe they haven't received the other shades yet because on Nordstrom's website, they have Grey Pearl, Mint Snow, Pink Opal and Seashell, which are all new, along with Sugar Frost, Sandglow and Orchid. They do not have Rosegold. Both websites have the original eight: Amethyst, Cocoa, Jungle, Khaki, Plum, Sapphire, Smoke and Steel. They are $24 each.




Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colours (New for Spring 2013)
L-R: Sugar Frost, Sandglow, Orchid and Rosegold

The pictures will tell most of the story here but my impression of the new shades is that they are all much lighter than the original eight and there's plenty of shimmer going on. Shimmer isn't necessarily a bad thing, just something I prefer not to get a lot of as I get older.


L-R: Sugar Frost, Sandglow, Orchid and Rosegold

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour Swatches

I think that the shimmery soft bronze Sandglow was a much needed addition since the closest shade to that, Golden, was a limited edition product. It's lovely on its own. Khaki is darker but definitely in the same color family. Rosegold makes for a natural and pretty lid wash that I imagine will get a very good response. It's a lighter version of the Rose Gold that the brand carries in their Metallic Crème Eye Colour line. Sugar Frost is a frosted and shimmery beige while Orchid is a shimmery lavender. The colors seem very spring-like and fill in color gaps. I think they're ready for the inevitable comparison with the just-released Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks (8 colors).

Personally though, I was more impressed by the original eight (pictured below). They covered all the most useful dark colors that really define the eye with those. You can read my write-up on the first four colors I purchased here. I have since acquired the rest of the original colors. I like them because they are easy to use and are long-wearing. If I had any suggestions at all, I would say try to apply in thin layers and build slowly if you can. If you need to blend, do it within seconds of application because once the product dries, it's set for the whole day and only waterproof eye makeup remover will get it off. Other than that, I say grab a few shades, play and enjoy!


The original eight shades of the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour swatches



1 comment:

  1. I agree I like the dark shades SO much better! Light shades really do nothing for my asian hooded eyelids.

    ReplyDelete