Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chanel Quadra Eyeshadow in Raffinement

Chanel Quadra Eyeshadow in Raffinement

What initially seemed like a dull set of browns has turned out to be quite the surprise for me. It may not have the sparkle of the holiday quad Harmonie du Soir or the petal appeal of last spring's Eclosion but the new Raffinement quad is a very versatile year-round combo that I'm happy to say was worth the splurge.






With a mauve in a deep brown base and a shimmery taupe, I found that Raffinement defines the eye well and lends itself to the smoky look for day or night. The pearly pink highlight goes on invisible and does its job. The baby copper complements the set and makes the entire foursome just so easy to use. You cannot go wrong.






In the swatches above, it may seem that the colors are on the light side but I think that the pigmentation of the quad is pretty solid. The texture is nice and I didn't find any of the colors fading on me even after an entire day's use without any eye primer on. It's very well-executed that if you find yourself down to the pan on your neutrals, I would highly recommend Chanel's Raffinement.

The quad is new for spring but is not limited edition. I purchased mine from Chanel.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment