Wednesday, December 5, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in 171 Blackest Black

A really good, black eyeliner is a basic in any makeup collection. Nothing defines the eye better. Some may find a rich, dark black to be too harsh though, and opt for some form of brown, grey or navy. I previously reviewed the Navy version of the L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner here. Buoyed by my good experience with that, I sprung for shade 171 Blackest Black.




This is more of the same, but black. It's a gel liner in a pot. The longevity of the product is phenomenal. I didn't get a chance to wear it for 24 hours straight but sure enough, it lasts all day long without fading or transferring to the surrounding areas. I can wear it safely on the lashline and anywhere on the lid. I have gotten it on a contact lens once or twice (totally my fault) but did not have any trouble getting it off the lens. To remove it at the end of the day, I recommend a waterproof eye makeup remover.






L'Oreal claims that these have a lacquered finish but I have a hard time seeing that in a thin line. Nonetheless, it doesn't take away from how good a liner it is. If you need a heavy, dark line for any reason at all, this is a good product to work with.


L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

It comes with its own brush and I tend to use that when applying. I really don't have any issues with it. It's reasonably priced, widely available and reliable. While cream and gel liners aren't usually my go-to formula, I find it useful to leave this on my desk for when I feel like it. If they came out with more tempting shades, I can see myself grabbing another pot.





3 comments:

  1. Have you tried tight-lining your upper waterline with it? How was that? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To tightline, I use it on the lashline and it works fine like that. I generally don't use product on my waterline so I have never tried it that way. Sorry!

      Delete